Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lame

Starbuck's been a little lame in the right front leg since Monday, it's only noticeable at a trot going clockwise but it's very definitely a limp.  So between that and the fly thing I called the vet and she's coming out tomorrow to take a look.

I made up some homemade fly spray, 500 ml apple cider vinegar, 1/2 a little bottle each of citronella and lavendar essential oils, 1/2 a bottle of skin-so-soft and 300 ml water.  It smells funny, very floral but not terrible, I sprayed it on Starbuck today and so far so good.  I'll see tomorrow how effective it is.  I also sprayed her entire stall with insecticide.  I think the fly spray I've been using up to now has helped some, but she's still rubbing herself raw, so it's time to up the anty.  Let's see what the vet says.

2 comments:

A Work In Progress said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope the vet has good news for you, and Starbuck heals quickly!

Starbuck's Human said...

Thanks! We've been on a week of vet-sanctioned stall rest and bute, today I'm going to try to longe her to see if she's better. I'll be sure to post an update :)